Rollin' Down Alisa's 'Lane' - Sunday, July 11, 2010

REMEMBER, YOU CAN CLICK ON THE PICTURES TO SEE THEM LARGER..

Friday, July 16, 2010, I will be taking off in a jet to Omaha, Nebraska. There I will take a bus to Lincoln, Nebraska getting ready for the 2010 National Special Olympics! I am one of two women from the state of Maryland competing in the 2010 National Special Olympics in bowling from July 18th to July 24th. I can't wait!

I have been training almost every day by swimming, bowling, dancing, walking, using an exercise ball, exercise video, or lifting weights. I have been trying to eat healthy, too.

I hope you will follow along with me on this special journey to Nebraska where I am competing for the GOLD with the best team in the USA.... TEAM MARYLAND!!

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Thursday's Events - July 22nd




On Thursday, it was Team Competition. My team, Michelle, Carlos and Kegan have become my very good friends. We played hard as a team and came away with a 5th place. The awards ceremony was really neat because all four of us got to stand on the podium together. My coach took us to Panera Bread for dinner and that was a lot of fun. It has been a lot of hard work, but it is worth it!!

1 comment:

  1. Do you have any idea how much you are loved? I hope so! You are a blessing in our lives and we can hardly wait to see you again. :)

    LOVE,
    Jennifer
    (also known as Carlos' Mom)

    ReplyDelete


One of my bowling shirts.

Alisa & Shannon - Practice, Practice Practice!


Maryland Crab

My Family at my Good Luck Party!