Rollin' Down Alisa's 'Lane' - Sunday, July 11, 2010

REMEMBER, YOU CAN CLICK ON THE PICTURES TO SEE THEM LARGER..

Friday, July 16, 2010, I will be taking off in a jet to Omaha, Nebraska. There I will take a bus to Lincoln, Nebraska getting ready for the 2010 National Special Olympics! I am one of two women from the state of Maryland competing in the 2010 National Special Olympics in bowling from July 18th to July 24th. I can't wait!

I have been training almost every day by swimming, bowling, dancing, walking, using an exercise ball, exercise video, or lifting weights. I have been trying to eat healthy, too.

I hope you will follow along with me on this special journey to Nebraska where I am competing for the GOLD with the best team in the USA.... TEAM MARYLAND!!

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Rollin' Down the Runway




I was a little nervous, but excited. I packed all my things and I had to roll a lot of my clothes so they would fit into my bag. I was surprised how much could fit. When I arrived at BWI at 11:00 am (2 hours early), I saw a big group in yellow shirts gathered in front of the Southwest counter. Sure enough, it was my fellow TEAM MARYLAND! I didn't know one person, but I am trying to meet new people. They gave me my yellow shirt and I joined the group for pictures and cheering of the fans! As we walked away to the gate, they all cheered with Maryland flags, banners, and red and white pom poms. I get to take my special rolling bowling bag my brother gave me that carries my ball, shoes, glove, and towel, on the plane with me.

We boarded the plane and headed to St. Louis. They even fed us a free lunch. Did I mention that Team Maryland pays for my entire trip? Go, Special Olympics! After one hour, we then boarded a new plane to Omaha, Nebraska. We took a fancy bus to Lincoln and found our dorms. My roommate is Michelle, who is the other girl on the bowling team. We had dinner, visiting, and got all our things put away. Dinner was pizza down in the first floor of the dorm. I am tired.

I would have to say that one of my favorite things of my day was seeing the Winter Quarters Temple. I called my birth mother and said, "You will never believe this.... they have a temple over here, too." Seeing the temple made me feel less nervous and peaceful. When my Dad gave me a father's blessing before I left, I felt the same way.

1 comment:


One of my bowling shirts.

Alisa & Shannon - Practice, Practice Practice!


Maryland Crab

My Family at my Good Luck Party!