Rollin' Down Alisa's 'Lane' - Sunday, July 11, 2010

REMEMBER, YOU CAN CLICK ON THE PICTURES TO SEE THEM LARGER..

Friday, July 16, 2010, I will be taking off in a jet to Omaha, Nebraska. There I will take a bus to Lincoln, Nebraska getting ready for the 2010 National Special Olympics! I am one of two women from the state of Maryland competing in the 2010 National Special Olympics in bowling from July 18th to July 24th. I can't wait!

I have been training almost every day by swimming, bowling, dancing, walking, using an exercise ball, exercise video, or lifting weights. I have been trying to eat healthy, too.

I hope you will follow along with me on this special journey to Nebraska where I am competing for the GOLD with the best team in the USA.... TEAM MARYLAND!!

Monday, July 19, 2010

Qualifying - Monday



Today, as we entered the bowling alley for our first 'official' game (qualifiers), the announcer said... "Ladies and Gentlemen, please join me in welcoming the 2010 National Olympic Bowling Athletes." All the volunteers, spectators, and teams cheered to the music of "Celebration" as we got off our bus and entered the lanes. We bowled our very best... my parents were on the bleachers behind Lane 21 cheering us on! I just couldn't believe it.... I scored my Personal Best by two pins on my third game!! It was a great experience for us all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


One of my bowling shirts.

Alisa & Shannon - Practice, Practice Practice!


Maryland Crab

My Family at my Good Luck Party!