Rollin' Down Alisa's 'Lane' - Sunday, July 11, 2010

REMEMBER, YOU CAN CLICK ON THE PICTURES TO SEE THEM LARGER..

Friday, July 16, 2010, I will be taking off in a jet to Omaha, Nebraska. There I will take a bus to Lincoln, Nebraska getting ready for the 2010 National Special Olympics! I am one of two women from the state of Maryland competing in the 2010 National Special Olympics in bowling from July 18th to July 24th. I can't wait!

I have been training almost every day by swimming, bowling, dancing, walking, using an exercise ball, exercise video, or lifting weights. I have been trying to eat healthy, too.

I hope you will follow along with me on this special journey to Nebraska where I am competing for the GOLD with the best team in the USA.... TEAM MARYLAND!!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

My parents and my sister arrived and came to see me practice. I was calm, focused on the pins, and did my best. My score looked pretty good, so I am looking forward to the qualifiers tomorrow. I brought my Book of Mormon with me to the Sun Valley Bowling lanes so I could try and feel the spirit more. I am listening to my good church music, too. My three other Team Maryland Teammates are so much fun and I love Coach Jason! He works very hard to keep us having fun, be on time, and helping us get to the right place. It is more humid here in Nebraska than in Maryland. When my birth mother walked out of the grocery store, her glasses fogged up. It was still that hot at 11:30 pm.

Today at 3:00 is the Opening Ceremony!! We will walk in with all of the Maryland athletes wearing matching clothes. We will come in alphabetical order. The Special Olympics athletes are so happy to be here and so happy to have this opportunity to share our sports and talents. We are trading pins with other states and then we put them on our lanyard. That is really fun and I am getting to know people from all over the United States of America!! !I am SO happy!!
(Thanks for reading my blog, I have so many in my family and so many friends who support me. Thank you and I love you all!!)

2 comments:

  1. Alisa,
    We love you and and are so glad you're enjoying this Olympic experience. You're the best!
    Sis. Farnes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alisa, this is a great blog and you are a fantastic lady. Congratulations on the National Special Olympics. That is an honor indeed. I can't wait to see how you do. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete


One of my bowling shirts.

Alisa & Shannon - Practice, Practice Practice!


Maryland Crab

My Family at my Good Luck Party!