Rollin' Down Alisa's 'Lane' - Sunday, July 11, 2010

REMEMBER, YOU CAN CLICK ON THE PICTURES TO SEE THEM LARGER..

Friday, July 16, 2010, I will be taking off in a jet to Omaha, Nebraska. There I will take a bus to Lincoln, Nebraska getting ready for the 2010 National Special Olympics! I am one of two women from the state of Maryland competing in the 2010 National Special Olympics in bowling from July 18th to July 24th. I can't wait!

I have been training almost every day by swimming, bowling, dancing, walking, using an exercise ball, exercise video, or lifting weights. I have been trying to eat healthy, too.

I hope you will follow along with me on this special journey to Nebraska where I am competing for the GOLD with the best team in the USA.... TEAM MARYLAND!!

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Pep Rally in New Market, MD

Ben and Tara (my brother and sister) gave me a Pep Rally with balloons last night to wish me luck. We had yummy chicken salad sandwiches, homemade blueberry dessert, and homemade ice cream. I opened my Special Olympics Duffel Bag and discovered 3 bowling shirts, 2 t-shirts, one TEAM shirt, two hand towels, trading pins, and an awesome hat. I LOVE TEAM MARYLAND!! Five more days...

5 comments:

  1. Three cheers for Alisa!!! We are cheering for you here in Utah ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow -- What a fun site, Alisa! We'll be following our favorite Special Olympian's blog! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alisa! We are so excited for you and wish we could be there. We can't wait to see more pictures and here all about it! Good luck! WE love you! Love, Sam, Britt and Madelyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alisa! How exciting! I'll be watching as well as you make this trip! :) You look great! Good luck to you and TEAM MARYLAND!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alisa, you always amaze us with the things you do! We wish you the best of luck with your bowling! You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete


One of my bowling shirts.

Alisa & Shannon - Practice, Practice Practice!


Maryland Crab

My Family at my Good Luck Party!