Rollin' Down Alisa's 'Lane' - Sunday, July 11, 2010

REMEMBER, YOU CAN CLICK ON THE PICTURES TO SEE THEM LARGER..

Friday, July 16, 2010, I will be taking off in a jet to Omaha, Nebraska. There I will take a bus to Lincoln, Nebraska getting ready for the 2010 National Special Olympics! I am one of two women from the state of Maryland competing in the 2010 National Special Olympics in bowling from July 18th to July 24th. I can't wait!

I have been training almost every day by swimming, bowling, dancing, walking, using an exercise ball, exercise video, or lifting weights. I have been trying to eat healthy, too.

I hope you will follow along with me on this special journey to Nebraska where I am competing for the GOLD with the best team in the USA.... TEAM MARYLAND!!

Monday, July 19, 2010

Opening Ceremony


Go to lincolnjournal.com
and
sunvalleylanes.com for the latest information.
(Alisa was on lane 21 today and you should be able to follow her scores at the Sunvalley sight.)
The Opening Ceremony yesterday was overwhelming for me. I called my family in tears because I was so proud to be at the Special Olympics where I am trying my very best. The Parade of 3000 Athletes took about 1 1/2 hours. Each state was introduced by the local news team, music, fog machines, and BIG, colorful spotlights all over the stadium. Each state had on their own team colors and hats just like the the regular Olympic games. Team Maryland wore red and black shirts with Maryland crab hats! We looked really cool!! The program was so exciting. Lots of great singers, bands, speakers, and even a few movie stars. I felt proud to walk in with my GREAT STATE OF MARYLAND!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


One of my bowling shirts.

Alisa & Shannon - Practice, Practice Practice!


Maryland Crab

My Family at my Good Luck Party!